EnCompass is a women-owned business with a headquarters office in Rockville, Maryland, and a team of staff who work from locations around the world.
Our global and multicultural team of staff and consultants have deep expertise in a range of international development sectors, including education, food security, gender and inclusive development, global health, and human rights. Our team is staffed with Master’s- and PhD-credentialed senior social scientists, public policy analysts, evaluators, researchers, adult learning specialists, facilitators, communications specialists, and organizational development experts.
We were named a Top Workplace in the Washington, D.C. region by the Washington Post in 2018.
The Benefits of Working at EnCompass
At EnCompass, we invest and take pride in our staff. As a growing organization, we understand that our success comes from our team. It is the hard work and dedication we provide to our clients that keeps us going. That’s why we focus on meeting the needs of our staff for meaningful engagement, a healthy work environment, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
In 2018, EnCompass was named one of the “Top Workplaces” by The Washington Post. This honor was based on the results of an independent survey of EnCompass staff that assessed factors such as organizational health, management, and benefits. The following factors were rated the highest by the majority of staff:
- New ideas are encouraged at EnCompass
- EnCompass operates by strong values and ethics
- Managers care about concerns of the staff
- Staff feel genuinely appreciated at EnCompass
- EnCompass offers the flexibility for work–life balance
- The benefits offered are good compared to others in the industry
- Formal training to support professional growth is a priority
Our Benefits Package
Full-time and part-time employees who work at least 17.5 hours or more per week are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical insurance with a Health Savings Account (HAS) plan with an employer contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k plan with an employer match of up to 5 percent of the employee’s salary, and the employee is fully vested once they begin making contributions
Full-time and part-time employees who work at least 30 hours per week are eligible for the following benefits:
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
EnCompass offers a professional development benefit to provide employees with opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills and network with other professionals. EnCompass will make a predetermined amount of funds available each calendar year for professional development activities.
Paid Time Off
EnCompass recognizes the importance of work–life balance, which is why we provide flexible schedules in addition to a comprehensive leave package:
- All full-time employees receive up to 20 days of paid leave per year. Part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work 17.5 hours a week or more receive leave time prorated for the amount of time they worked
- Staff can carry over 80 hours of unused leave from one year to the next
- 10 paid holidays
- 2 weeks of paid parental leave
- Jury duty
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At EnCompass, we have a long-standing commitment to diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices, our work culture, and our processes. As a global company that uses appreciative and whole-systems approaches in our work, we value a diversity of backgrounds, life experiences, perspectives, and opinions. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion makes us a smarter team, a stronger company, and a more responsive partner for our clients.
Because these principles are fundamental to our organizational performance, we make every effort to recruit and hire qualified applicants to ensure broad diversity of our staff and consultants. EnCompass does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on sex, sexual identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, color, disability, age, pregnancy, national origin, veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. EnCompass also has zero tolerance for discrimination against people living with and affected by HIV.