Technical and Skills-based Training
Guided by a deep understanding of adult learning theory and practice, we use a number of training approaches to encourage full participant engagement and ensure that a variety of learning needs are addressed. We particularly use approaches that facilitate participants learning from one another.
Our Approach to Training
- Tailored Formats. We work with our clients in getting the focus and format right and then ensuring that activities are appropriate to the organization’s experience and culture.
- Training Methods. Examples of our techniques are case studies, peer coaching, systems thinking, action learning projects, videos, on-the job strategies, role plays, and simulations.
- Trainer Preparation. We ensure that our instructors are properly prepared, trained, and knowledgeable about a client before entering the training room. We focus on how to be effective facilitators of learning, as opposed to being simply “trainers” of content.
- Training Delivery. Our trainers and facilitators lead 1-2 day workshops at the client location, week-long off-site programs, or several-month extended programs linked by intersession activities, such as individual coaching or action learning projects.
- Evaluation. We design and conduct evaluations of training and facilitation programs to improve organizational learning, accountability, and results.
Samples of EnCompass Training Courses
- Performance Monitoring Plan Development
- Strategic and Work Plan Development
- Staff and New Employee Orientations
- Improving Gender Competency in the Workplace
- Developing and Implementing a Monitoring and Evaluation System
- Data Gathering and Collection for Monitoring and Evaluation
- Train the Trainer and Train the Facilitator
- Program Management for Contract Managers
- Affirmative Customer Service
- Supervisory Skills Training
- Communications within a Learning Organization
- Effective Writing
- English Writing Proficiency
- Working Across Cultures
- Program Management
- HR Management
- Leadership Communications
U.S. Agency for International Development, Focus on Results: Enhancing Capacity Across Sectors in Transition II - Participant Training (FORECAST II – PT) (2012-2017)
EnCompass LLC has been selected as a recipient of USAID's FORECAST II - PT funding mechanism. The FORECAST program works to strengthen the abilities of host country partners through strategically designed, integrated training and technical assistance activities that address identified skill gaps and that directly improve job performance. The goal of FORECAST II - PT is to effect long-term sustainable economic, political, and social development within the diverse categories of countries USAID serves.
Under FORECAST II - PT, EnCompass leads a consortium of highly qualified partners posed to deliver assessment, planning, design, delivery, coordination and evaluation of:
- Academic education, including degree and certificate programs
- Short-term technical training
- Leadership development opportunities
- Study tours and public diplomacy exchanges
- Workforce development and entrepreneurial management programs
- Small grants administration
- Technical assistance, including evaluation, research studies, and sector-specific consultations