Throughout its history, EnCompass has supported technical assistance and capacity-building projects for various agencies in the United Nations; the World Bank; several U.S. government agencies; and non-profits including the US National Academies of Science and The Aspen Institute. EnCompass values the necessity of building local capacity and sustainability and incorporates strategies for providing target populations with the skills and tools needed to do their jobs.
- Strategic planning. We help projects and programs plan strategically through a comprehensive, facilitative process.
- Program evaluation. We design and implement evaluations so that programs are better able to achieve results.
- Building capacity. EnCompass strengthens the core capacities of sector organizations, networks, and partnerships to achieve larger-scale outcomes. We also build staff capacity through training, coaching, and e-learning.
- Quality improvement. We have expertise in the development of health standards, selection of indicators and outcomes, data collection and analysis, formulation and testing of solutions, and evaluating the performance of innovative models.
- Costing analysis. We conduct research, analysis, and evaluation to inform scale-up of promising practices, particularly related to outcomes in health issues.
- Document programs, best practices, and lessons learned. We research best practices and document these in the most informative way possible for clients and their diverse audiences.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Global Libraries Program (2012-2013)
As a subcontractor to FSG, EnCompass provides capacity building assistance to grantees of the Gates Funded Global Libraries (GL) Program. The GL Program aims to build strong and healthy communities, businesses, and learning environments in developing countries around the world by providing free access to computers and the internet in public libraries. EnCompass delivers customized support to each country grantee’s impact evaluation team. Activities include developing and delivering training in M&E best practices, training for impact data collection and analysis, and technical assistance around how to communicate results to potential new funders and throughout local communities.