Organizational Development and Facilitation
EnCompass provides organizational development and facilitation services to help organizations accomplish their work more efficiently and effectively. Our organizational support services often focus on:
- Creating common ground and shared vision for the future
- Deepening understanding of challenges and exploring new possibilities
- Generating a perspective of the whole system in which clients work
- Fostering the definition of strengths and learning from past successes
- Developing clear and focused actions at the individual, team, and organizational levels
- Organizational assessments and audits
- Facilitation of meetings, retreats, and conferences
- Planning and managing change
- Visioning and strategic planning
- Participative business planning processes
- Performance measurement
- Achieving sustainable organizational effectiveness
- Best practices and benchmarking
EnCompass facilitators apply energizing, action-learning oriented methodologies that enable learning through real-time application. Examples of methodologies that we use include:
Appreciative Inquiry. A strengths-based approach to organizational development and change. It is a means to discover the best of the past, to imagine future possibilities, and apply innovative thinking to implement ideas and actions for new directions.
The Deep Dive. A knowledge-sharing and learning process designed by EnCompass and adapted from the work of IDEO that establishes a rich, supportive environment for appreciative learning, bold exploration, and creativity and innovation.
Open Space Meeting Technology. A highly effective method for engaging groups to define the agenda they wish to address in a meeting. Individuals are invited to identify a topic they wish to have a discussion about, agree to convene a group for this discussion, and commit to ensuring that a record is made of the discussion.
World Café. A method used to engage groups of people in discussions on key topics for which increased understanding, learning, or common ground are sought.
U.S. Department of the Treasury, Facilitation and Change Management Support (2012-2015)
EnCompass is contracted to provide a variety of organizational development and effectiveness services. This will include planning and facilitation of meetings, workshops, and other activities related to management and leadership, change management, and workforce engagement for both senior level leaders and junior staff.